SCOUTMASTER MERIT BADGE
(Modified/generalized from an original submission by Scott Pennington, Camp Barstow, Indian Waters Council, SC)
1a. ______ Participate in a Campsite inspection
1b. ______ Participate in a Uniform inspection
2. ______ Attend 5 Merit Badge sessions with your Scouts
3. ______ Lead one song before/during/after meal in Dining Hall. This can be done as a "group effort" between
several people-staff members also may be "urged" into the fray.
4. ______ Spend ten minutes harassing, suggesting improvements to, complimenting, or otherwise occupying
an adult staff member. NOTE: This may be done immediately following any meal so as to cub
into staff nap time, but a really good adult leader should be able to finish this requirementbefore
breakfast so as to keep the adult staff member from reaching and thereby emptying the Scoutmaster
5. ______ Compliment two meals cooked in Dining Hall
6. ______ Pick up 10 pieces of litter.
7. ______ Teach knots required for First Class to a young Scout. This can be done with a "First Year" Scout,
but not while he is attending the "First Year Camper Program" – unless you teach a class to help
with the program.
8. ______ Help your troop work on a Camp Improvement project.
9. ______ Spend 3 nights/days in camp with your troop.
10. ______ Participate in two adult leader competitions – or – act as referee (amiable dispute settler) at one Scout
11. ______ Participate in 2 evening activities.
12. ______ Take one nap in the afternoon heat – sometimes a few days of practice are required before this
requirement can be completed correctly.
13. ______ ONCE while having breakfast, convince any adult staff member to re-fill your coffee or other beverage.
NOTE: experienced adult leaders will encourage adult staff members to "taste-test" returned beverages.
14a. ______ Serve as a lifeguard during either a troop swim or free swim.
14b. ______ Attend free swim as a participant (if unable to comply for any reason, a second term as lifeguard may be
15. ______ Encourage your troop, either alone or with another troop to participate in a Campfire.
16. ______ Attend Safety Afloat and Safe Swim Defense course offered at waterfront. NOTE: Prior and
"Current" certification will be accepted for completion of this requirement.
I completed this in '00, it's now YOUR turn!
Yours in Scouting Spirit,